For Immediate Release
Contact: Erin Long, Marketing Coordinator
Humane Society of Harford County
Fallston, MD (July 14, 2020) – If you’re a golfer, this is the tournament you’ve been waiting for! Clean your clubs, practice your swing, and hope for a hole-in-one because the homeless animals at The Humane Society of Harford County (HSHC) are counting on you to compete in the 6th annual “Putts Fore Paws” golf tournament on Thursday, September 3, 2020 at the exclusive Bulle Rock Golf Course, 320 Blenheim Lane, Havre de Grace. A shotgun start at 10am kicks off what promises to be a great event to raise funds for the care and comfort of about 3,000 animals each year. Putts Fore Paws is generously sponsored by Tito’s Handmade Vodka, the #vodkafordogpeople!
There are several exciting new enhancements this year including a chance to win $10,000 cash! HSHC is also introducing a new Fast Pass to eliminate long lines at check-in. For just $275 per golfer (or $1,100 for a foursome with 4 passes), our new Fast Pass includes everything you need for the day:
- One golfer registration, which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner, two roaming beverage carts featuring Tito’s Handmade Vodka, premium open bar at happy hour, door prizes, a gift bag filled to the brim, a Putts Fore Paws 2020 t-shirt in your requested size, a commemorative photo of your foursome, prizes for the top three foursomes, and more!
- Entry into all of our on-course contests: all four Holes in One, Pot O’ Gold, Beat the Pro, and Long Drive (prizes include $10,000 cash, a set of TaylorMade clubs, a Bushnell rangefinder, a $500 GolfNow gift card, a $100 Pro Shop credit at Bulle Rock, and more!)
- 40 raffle tickets for our 50/50 raffle
- 40 raffle tickets to win a huge Tito’s Handmade Vodka gift basket (basket valued at $200)
- A ticket to shoot your ball using an air cannon on hole 6 (up to 300 yards!)
- A ticket to move up to the forward tee on hole 12
- One mulligan and 20″ of string to be used once to shorten your putt
Experience the spectacular feeling that you’re helping thousands of vulnerable animals get second chances! There are a number of Putts Fore Paws sponsorship opportunities available that provide recognition on full-color signage at the event, on the event t-shirt, in advertisements, and on HSHC’s web site and social media sites. Donate a door prize or put a promotional item in the player gift bags.
About The Humane Society of Harford County
The Humane Society of Harford County, Inc., is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to the welfare and well-being of the approximately 3,000-3,500 animals that come to us each year. We promote the kind treatment of homeless, stray and abandoned animals by providing shelter, care, adoptions, and community education. We are not a county agency nor are we affiliated with any national or regional organization. Your tax-deductible donations, bequests, and proceeds from events are crucial to our life-saving efforts on behalf of the animals of our community.