Adopting a companion animal from the Humane Society of Harford County is like winning the Power Pall Jackpot! In fact, when you adopt in April, get a “scratch off” ticket to reveal 25% | 50% | 75% | or up to 100% off your adoption!!
Your adoption fee includes the following:
- Distemper vaccination – DHPP (dogs) & FVCRP (cats)
- Heartworm test (dogs only)
- Rabies vaccination (if age-appropriate)
- FeLV (feline leukemia) & FIV (feline immunodeficiency virus) testing (cats only)
- Canine kennel cough vaccination (dogs only)
- Flea & tick preventative
- General exam
- *Spay or neuter (a $50 refundable deposit is collected on any pet that is not spayed or neutered. We issue you a HASP certificate and list of vets that accept our certificate and refund the deposit upon completion of the spay/neuter procedure).