You Can Help Brighten the Holidays for Homeless Animals!
WHO’S ALREADY SIGNED UP?
Check out our Facebook page for specific event details.
- Best Friends Fur Ever. Leave a gift in the donation jar on the counter or purchase a paw print in honor or in memory of a special pet!
- Bow Tie Atticus. Donating $1-2 for every bow tie sold in December!
- Bushmill Tavern. Raffling off a Maryland Lottery scratch off tree, valued at $50.
- Chadwell Animal Hospital. Made a monetary donation.
- Falling Branch Brewery. TBD
- Flavor Cupcakery. Leave a gift in the donation jar on the counter!
- Friendship Wine & Liquor. TBD
- Heated 4 U. Get your selfies with Santa and bring your pet(s) for a special pet photo with Santa!
- Looney’s Pub. Raffling off a Maryland Lottery scratch off tree, valued at $50.
- Route 24 Ale House. Raffling off a Maryland Lottery scratch off tree, valued at $50 and donating a portion of their proceeds.
- Slate Farm Brewing. TBD
- Tar Heel Construction Group. Made a monetary donation.
WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT?
My name is Katie Davis, and my husband, Jason, and I are the owners of Route 24 Ale House in Bel Air. Five years ago we came up with a little idea to make a big difference for one of our favorite charities – the Humane Society of Harford County. We knew how good it felt to host a holiday event and donate our proceeds – and we wanted our fellow business owners to feel the same!
With the holiday season right around the corner, we’re inviting you to join us for the 5th Annual Deck the Paws, a collective group of businesses that raise funds for the care and comfort of homeless animals at the shelter. If you’d like to join, please complete the form below.
Businesses like yours host a one-day event or month-long donation drive (it’s your choice) and donate proceeds to brighten the holidays for all the animals who don’t have homes and families this season. The shelter would love to do a check presentation photo with you for social media. Animal people love to shop and dine with businesses that support animals!
Like us, we know that your business has been turned upside down this year and you’ve been forced to adapt to the changes with lightning speed. But it’s still vitally important to support the animal members of our community who’ve also been hit hard by the situation. Hosting a feel-good event is not only important to your staff’s morale – it also shows the community that you care! Last year, the Harford County business community donated over $10,500 for Deck the Paws!
We have developed a packet that contains everything you need to get started: suggested fundraising ideas, a sample flyer, and even sample social media posts!
We are extremely excited about raising funds for the Humane Society, but can’t do it without the participation of amazing business owners such as you! Please let us know if you have any questions, and don’t forget to fill out the participation form below. We really hope to make this the largest fundraiser of the year for Harford County’s homeless pets!
Katie and Jason Davis
Volunteers, Humane Society of Harford County
Owners, Route 24 Ale House
Deck the Paws Fundraising Ideas
This list is not all-inclusive. Choose one of the suggestions below or feel free to be creative and come up with your own idea!
- The Humane Society of Harford County can provide a locked donation jar to put on your counter. This makes a secure and convenient way for customers to give their unwanted change.
- If you serve alcohol at your establishment, name a special beer and host a “Kick the Keg” event.
- Host a booster night and donate a percentage of the day’s sales.
- Allow employees to pay $5 (or more!) to wear casual.
- Hold a 50/50 raffle or raffle off a gift card to your establishment.
- I Won’t Come Down Until….Select a well-known member of your staff and keep him or her detained until a fundraising goal is met.
- Raffle off a gift basket or tickets to a concert or sporting event.
- Sell paw prints. We’ve all been asked to give $1 at the local drugstore for a chance to put your name on a paper balloon that hangs on the wall. You just need to ask patrons at your register to purchase a paper paw print and display them on your walls.
- Hold a Round-Up where customers can round their check up to the nearest dollar and donate their change.
- Host a Facebook Fundraiser. Create a post, and click on the “…” for more options, then click on “Raise Money”, select “The Humane Society of Harford County” and follow the prompts to create your fundraiser. Just share and promote and Facebook takes care of the rest! Funds raised are automatically deposited into the shelter’s bank account and Facebook does not take a percentage!